Cocoon toolchain test

Mwanguhya Daniel Murungi dmurungi at dicts.mak.ac.ug
Mon Jun 30 00:17:39 PDT 2008

----Original Message-----
From: hlfs-dev-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:hlfs-dev-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org] On Behalf Of marty
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 5:28 PM
To: hlfs-dev
Subject: RE: Cocoon toolchain test

> In chapter 5.10 of the svn-20080603 book using uClibc, the compiler
> tests show a desired result of 'aborted'. The result I get is 'Illegal
> instruction'.
>
>Sorry,
>I don't use uclib but it looks like a patch is missing. Watch the results
close when >you apply the patches. It appears your toolchain is borked.
>Be sure you rm -rf $HLFS/sources/cocoon* before you try again.

>Marty B

>--
>Building a better mousetrap only results in better mice. C. Darwin

Am not sure if it's a patch issue. In fact all the HLFS builds I have done
output 'Illegal instruction' instead of the 'Aborted' line. I thought it was
the host OS (Slackware 11.0 , Slackware 12.0) so I changed to LFS(6.3) as
the host and I get the same 'Illegal instruction' instead of 'Aborted'. (I
want to try Debian this weekend)

As for patches I added a couple of uclibc patches from the buildroot project
but the 'Illegal instruction' remains. Since my HLFS builds are working
'perfectly' ( I even got carried away and added dpkg tools, X-server,
firefox and Enlightenment, etc ) I figured this was not a problem.

I also get the 'Illegal instruction' line for the butterfly toolchain SSP
tests

Someone please school me on this!