book

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Jun 9 09:26:26 PDT 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 4:19 PM, marty wrote:

> I have always converted the HLFS book into a build script before
> building. I am
> not very good at typing, and I surely hate to repeat my moves
> because of silly
> typos. Makes it easier to use, but harder to locate errors too. A
> trade off.

I create build scripts for each page of chapters 5 and 6, with all
output logged to files. It's based on the build script from the "More
control and package users" hint. It makes troubleshooting easier.

> And I hardly ever hear anyone bother to thank Robert for all the
> hard work he
> does. Cmon, He works hard. let him hear that appreciation guys!

Hear hear! Robert has produced an amazing set of documentation,
patches, etc.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice