book

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Sat Jun 7 16:19:48 PDT 2008

I have always converted the HLFS book into a build script before building. I am
not very good at typing, and I surely hate to repeat my moves because of silly
typos. Makes it easier to use, but harder to locate errors too. A trade off.

Maybe doing this would be a better thing, but who would learn anything without
reading the comments? NOBODY! I read it all and still get lost. Stupid me.
I sure feel I can't catch up with Robert's expertise. He is moving faster lately
too for some reason... I can hardly keep up with the changes but I try.

Perhaps the whole book issue should be broken into action scripts and
documentation rather than the mixture. Those who read, read. Those who take,
take. And leave it at that.

At least it would produce a universal build script that worked without beating
everyone up with details on the command line or pasting to a terminal. I sure
hate spending hours of typing only to start all over. Don't you?

And I hardly ever hear anyone bother to thank Robert for all the hard work he
does. Cmon, He works hard. let him hear that appreciation guys!

Marty B

Building a better mousetrap only results in better mice. C. Darwin