garbage

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Thu Jun 5 15:03:07 PDT 2008

Ah, gotta love it. Stupidy.

checking how to build HTML documentation... not built
configure: error: cannot build HTML documentation
BARF...
./configure --drop-the-friggin-docs

I don't want all this intrusive, bloat on my servers!!!! Drop it!
Texinfo, Groff, Man, Man-Pages, Info, etc are garbage. Get rid of them.
Get rid of the damn locales too. useless. And all those foreign language crap;
let them learn your language or go elsewhere. I don't want to accommodate them.
Nobody else does either. All that junk is totally useless on a real world HLFS
server; (and HLFS has no other valid uses). Only a moron think it is suitable,
or even needed for a desktop system.

Marty B.

--
Building a better mousetrap only results in better mice. C. Darwin