0.7 snapshot

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 1 01:39:36 PDT 2008

I tagged 0.6 because it is expected to work. I since made more changes, such
as sha512 backported from Glibc-cvs for Shadow, and reordering chap6 to match
LFS.

Libcap depends on Attr, and Attr depends on libtool, so I changed chap6 to
match LFS to get libtool sooner in the build.

We can use libcap with klogd (with the dd on /proc/kmsg), and with ping{,6}.

This also sets the path to adding ntpd. I added OpenSSL because I expected to
use it to replace libcrypt, but regardless I have found ways to modify
OpenSSL for HLFS, and this should be enough justification to adding ntpd.

In short time this should become 0.7.