shadow - 4.1.1 (SVN 20080603/ uclibc)

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Thu Jul 31 08:41:45 PDT 2008

> I get the following errors when compiling shadow;
>
> Error 1;
> mv -f .deps/chowntty.Tpo .deps/chowntty.Po
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../lib    -g -O2 -MT
> console.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/console.Tpo -c -o console.o console.c
> mv -f .deps/console.Tpo .deps/console.Po

I don't build linux on micro controllers, so I don't use
uclibc. I can't give you much more than a spanking.

> Adding the following declarations to copydir.c (line 285) gets rid of the
> above error ;
> #ifndef (__UCLIBC__)

Duh. You certainly need to tell the compiler where to look
or it can't find the necessary files. Research the errors
more closely before you post this kind of junk.

This _is_ the HLFS _development list_. If the book is broken
please fix it and Robert will gladly review your patch when
he returns from holiday.

Marty B.

--
The only benefit from using other peoples software
is that is that you gain someone else to blame.