DNS vulnerability

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Wed Jul 30 16:05:10 PDT 2008

> You can find good information about the exploit here:
> http://www.doxpara.com/
>
> Specifically, the blog post called "Details". The
take-away is that an
> attacker, once successful, has changed the value of one
single domain
> name to point to a different address. This doesn't by
itself get him
> much.

Bingo! The chickens finally come home to roost. I thought
you would never get it.

Having gone full circle, you now just said exactly what I
was saying all along.
We never really had anything to fear from the Kaminsky DNS
Exploit itself; only secondary attacks after the fact.
And most of that stuff is even more far fetched as a threat
to HLFS systems. This _is_ still the HLFS development list,
remember? Let's try to stay in that context.

Beers are on Chris for the next hour!

Marty B

--
Electile Dysfunction : the inability to become aroused over
any of the