The book is now translated in French

mengualjeanphi at free.fr mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Sun Jul 27 17:09:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

Since about 2 months, I decided to take again the global LFS project in French.
It was translated by Guillaume, now he had to leave the project, I took
the follow.

It is on traduc.org server. I'm webmaster of a website lf.traduc.org or
fr.linuxfromscratch.org, I'm changing it. I deal with cvs for French
release too.

So far, I decided to follow what he did: I translated lfs 6.3, English lfs svn
(I'll update easily now), hlfs, and soon svn blfs. I update with
lfs-book, hlfs-book and blfs-book mailing lists.

I like very much reading entirely these books. But now I'm in front of a
little problem: I won't have the same time as now as soon as september.
I'll need helpers, in particular for reading and correcting after
my translations, and helpers to translate blfs book. I'll translate only
svn blfs book because I dont think the remaining is useful now, all the
more as since an old stable release has been already translated.
To find such helpers, is it possible to add my name (Jean-Philippe
Mengual mengualjeanphi at free.fr) and to be referenced so (in the book,
website, otherwise)? With helpers, beyond above purposes, I could translate
more things in global LFS project: livecd, clfs, translations of other svn
releases... Now obviously I don't have  enough time.

I like LFS and want to make it accessible in French. Besides I think
there are interesting things to do in this matter. So I wanted to tell
you that I maintain now the project if I understood what I was said to, and
that I need to be referenced to get help and so develop the project.

Thanks for your answer..

Best regards, JP