The book is now translated in French

mengualjeanphi at free.fr mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Mon Jul 28 04:30:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

Since about 2 months, I decided to take again the global LFS project in
French.
LFS/BLFS was translated by Guillaume, now he had to leave the project, I took
the follow.

It is on traduc.org server. I'm webmaster of a website lf.traduc.org or
fr.linuxfromscratch.org, I'm changing it. I deal with cvs for French
release too.

I decided to translate a book he didn't translate: hlfs. The release is
nearly finished (I'll update easily now thanks to hlfs-book mailing liit). Not important the release is not stable, since it works and I can follow all the changes.

I like very much reading entirely this book. But now I'm in front of a
little problem: I won't have the same time as now as soon as september.
I'll need helpers, in particular for reading and correcting after
my translations.

To find such helpers, is it possible to add my name (Jean-Philippe
Mengual mengualjeanphi at free.fr) and to be referenced so (in the book
or
website, otherwise)? This helpers will allow me to deal lfs translation
and other parallel projects: blfs and lfs too, and later maybe
livecd, clfs, translations of other svn releases... Now obviously I don't have
enough time.

I like HLFS and want to make it accessible in French. Besides I think
there are interesting things to do in this matter. So I wanted to tell
you that I maintain now the project if I understood what I was said to
(correct me if I do a mistake about that), and that I need to be referenced to
get help and so develop the project.

Thanks for your answer..

Best regards, JP