North Atlantic Hardened Linux From Scratch Festival

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 11 17:29:46 PDT 2008

On Thursday July 10 2008 08:16:57 pm Chris Buxton wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > I'm doing 2 nights in Reykjavík, 4 nights in Akureyri,
>
> Akureyri should be picturesque. I've never been up that way, but I
> have coworkers who are from that area.
>
> > with stops at Geysir
> > and Gullfoss,
>
> Ah, the Golden Triangle tour. I've done it a couple of times. Try to
> visit Thingvellir (the Valley of Parliament, former seat of the
> world's oldest still-functioning parliamentary government) while
> you're out there.

I'm not following any tour or package. I made up my own, but with a couple day
tours to Mývatn/Dettifoss/Goðafoss area. I found package tours concentrated
on one area too much, and taking three 4 day tours is extremely expensive.

I made an itinerary, but I won't necessarily follow it strictly:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/iceland/itinerary/

The Fimmvörduhals trek is said to be one of the ten best treks in the world.
To me this is the highlight of the trip.