Two copies of Libssp

Daniel Murungi dmurungi at dicts.mak.ac.ug
Thu Jul 10 21:26:00 PDT 2008

Hello,

I ported dpkg to my hlfs and am using the debhelper and dh_make progs to
build chapter 6.

I changed the host triplet in config.site to "i486-anchor-linux-uclibc" and
when I build libssp (chapter 6.12) with the config.site, I only end up with
the static libraries(even when I pass --enable-shared to the configure
script). When I remove the config.site, the shared libraries are built.

The butterfly toolchain also installs libssp.s0* and libssp_nonshared.la in
/usr/lib. I removed the libssp (built from chapter 6.12) and when I build
sed, the configure script fails. Config.log shows that /usr/bin/ld cannot
find -llibssp_nonshared.la (This file exists in /usr/lib). When I reinstall
the libssp package (from chapter 6.12), sed builds successfully.

What I want is to have one 'copy' of libssp and once 'copy' of
libssp_nonshared.la. How do I achieve this?

Daniel

Myth: Knowledge is Power
Truth: APPLIED Knowledge is Power