Udev issue

Filip Bartmann filbar at centrum.cz
Wed Jul 2 07:24:16 PDT 2008

I have successfully compiled HLFS, byt I found some issue with udev. The
HLFS udev bootscript doesn't match the current udev version in the
book. In the bootscript is executed commands which aren't currently in
udev.
Next when I try use udev in the HLFS book to autoload kernel modules I
found, that the udev doesn't work. I use commands udevtrigger and
udevsettle, but nothing of auto modules was load.
If I use version of udev which is in LFS book, the new command-udevadm
which is this version new work perfectly. If I run udevadm trigger and
udevadm settle all of modules for my harware are loaded.

Filip Bartmann