Network Problems (HLFS build 20080328)

Mwanguhya Daniel Murungi dmurungi at dicts.mak.ac.ug
Tue Jul 1 06:34:23 PDT 2008

Here are the three NICS;

02:09.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 03) [eth2 ]
02:09.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 03) [ eth1 ]
03:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100]
(rev 10) [ eth0 ]

Am using kernel version 2.6.24.4. I tried switching the two networks ( put
the Students on eth1 and NOC on eth2) but still get the same problem. NAPI
and ACPI (though ACPI_PROCFS is not) are enabled. eth1 and eth2 are using
the Broadcom Tigon 3 driver and eth0 is using the e100 driver.

Daniel