gettext-libintl install step error

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 17 14:34:14 PST 2008

At chapter06/createfiles.html, aka 'Creating Essential Symlinks', do:
ln -vs /tools/lib/libssp* /usr/lib
ln -vs /tools/lib/libintl.so* /usr/lib

and then skip building and installing them.

I currently think the best way to build the uclibc toolchain with libssp is to
modify the GCC makefiles to bootstrap libssp, and possibly libintl. This
would probably also eliminate the need for the readjusting phase.

robert