libcap (uclibc)

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Wed Feb 20 08:48:37 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 5:58 PM, Robert Connolly wrote:

> On Tuesday February 19 2008 08:39:20 pm Chris Buxton wrote:
>> I got the uClibc book to work almost all the way through - I had some
>> problems near the end of chapter 6, but I overcame them by replacing
>> some packages with busybox. However, I quickly thereafter ran into
>> problems with some proprietary software that needed to be installed,
>> and was forced to start over with glibc.
>
> There's a package called 'statifier'. If you can get it to work (it
> works,
> with patience), that will link all dependency libraries into
> programs and
> shared libraries. This way you can run ati's xorg libraries which
> are linked
> to glibc, on a uclibc host without glibc libraries. You can even use
> glibc
> files from a distro if you don't have them available.

Actually, as soon as my engineering team figures out how to compile
with glibc and gcc 4.1.2, we're going to try again with uClibc and gcc
4.1.2. The main problem so far appears to be gcc 4.1.2.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice
Address: Noatun 17, IS-105, Reykjavik, Iceland
Phone:   +354 412 1500
Email:   cbuxton at menandmice.com
www.menandmice.com

Men & Mice
We bring control and flexibility to network management

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential and
privileged information only intended for the person or entity to which
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
distribution or copy of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
reply e-mail and immediately delete this message and all its attachment.