libcap (uclibc)

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 19 16:59:19 PST 2008

On Tuesday February 19 2008 01:52:36 pm Kevin Day wrote:
> I remember there being trouble with this on uClibc, or is this in the past
> now? Anyway, I might take a shot at with uClibc sometime soon and report
> any luck, hacks, or patches.

Last time I tried uClibc, I was stuck at GCC in chapter 6, but someone else
got through it and I think I added his differences. So, if the uClibc book
doesn't work right now, then it's close. If it does work it might still need
some tweaking.

I want to add more and more tests to the book. Stuff I sometimes do,
especially with uClibc, to check everything is okay. I'll need to install
Strace to chapter 5 soon.

When the uClibc book finally works again, I'm going to try harder to keep it
working, by doing alfs builds more frequently and before big changes.