libcap

Jaap Struyk japie at deserver.nl
Tue Feb 19 08:26:08 PST 2008

Robert Connolly schreef:

> Coreutils supports attr without patches, but file capabilities depends on
> Linux drivers marked as "experimental".

So would pax if it was in vanilla kernel, sounds like a great plan,
maybe at the end of the book and some setup to get rid of suid bins?
I find it also a pity that additional software isn't in the hlfs book
any more (like openntpd in the past was) maybe it's a plan to write an
additional chapter containing specific hardened software/tricks/configs?
--
Groetjes Japie
http://www.japie.deserver.nl

2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux