glibc-2.7

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 5 14:52:15 PST 2008

Hello.

I've been trying to drop in glibc-2.7, with a couple rediffed patches:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/patches/glibc-2.7-arc4_prng.diff
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/patches/glibc-2.7-strlcpy_strlcat.diff
The remaining patches will either work as-is, or are now part of glibc-2.7.

All is well, except one glibc test failure:
1310:make[2]: *** [/tools/src/glibc-build/dlfcn/tst-dlinfo.out] Error 1

This is a `Segmentation fault'. Google gives me zero search results for why
this would happen with gcc-4.1.2 and binutils-2.17.

Do any of you happen to know what the cause of this error might be? This test
failure does not occur with gcc-4.2 and binutils-2.18.