hlfs in French

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Tue Aug 26 14:28:35 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm sorry to disturb you but I can't get any answer from anyone in lfs team. and I'd like to deal with the project, or at least to know if it's not accepted, before september 15th, because I'll have less time to do this after.

For 2 months I've decided to start again the translation of the LFS
project. Because few
persons help for the moment, I've to restrict translations I do: I did
lfs 6.3, svn release (I consider enough stable), hlfs. Soon I'll do with
some first contributors blfs and clfs (32 to 64 bits). The French
project is on  fr.linuxfromscratch.org.

I would like to know if you could do 3 things for me. Firstly, add my
name in the hlfs book instead of this of Johan, this doesn't want anymore to
handle lfs project translation if I follow what he told me (he doesn't
have enough time). This adding
will make me know and bring helpers, and it's necessary. Secondly and
consequently, create a mail for me on linuxfromscratch so that users
could contact me on it and not on my personal mail.

Thirdly, I have created a forum and an irc channel (#lfs-fr on the
linuxfromscratch.org server. These dialogue points are designed to
gather people who want to
help the translation, but also to supply a French-speaking help (similar
to #lfs-support, but for French-speaking-only people). I'd like to
complete this with the mailing list which has already existed. Johan
accepts to let me maintain it. For that, I'd like to have some access to
the administration interface of this mailing liit. My purpose is, beyond
maintaining the list and before, clean it to only keep users who want to
stay and who are real (in archives there have been virus, spam.. for 2
years ). So
I'd like to update the database and use it really again from september 1st.

To sum up, I'd like to be integrated in lfs project and team by the 3
previous actions.

I hope you'll accept. Since I like lfs very much I'd like to develop it
really in French. Besides I'm sure once I'll have translated one time
books, updates will be easy since I subscribe to lfs-book, blfs-book...
ml. And with more person, maybe all the project will be translated.

I hope you'll be interested.

Best regards,

JPM