Backspace and german umlauts (SVN 20080603)

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 05:56:59 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 4:34 AM, Joerg <lfs at opascc.de> wrote:
> Hi there again,
>
> please, could just someone try out if the umlaut / backspace issue is
> reproducible on another system.
>
> Therefore use an empty command line on the console, enter 0252 with
> ALT-pressed on the NUMPAD (NUMLOCK active). When you see the umlaut hit
> backspace a few times and probably you can see that more chars are deleted
> than were entered.
>
> Thanks and greetings
> -Jörg

I have confirmed/reproduced this bug on my system.
Which is uClibc based.

uClibc 0.9.28.3
readline 5.2
bash 3.2
kbd 1.12
libiconv 1.12
linux 2.6.25.9

Those are the only relevant package versions I can imagine at this
time, but I have little or no knowledge of how the keymaps are
handled.
The default kmap in my kernel is compiled with UTF8 support as default

--
Kevin Day