IPRoute2-2.6.23

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Tue Aug 12 09:20:29 PDT 2008

> > Hardened Linux From Scratch - Version SVN-20080603
> > Linux localhost 2.6.24.7-grsec_mfb #1 Fri Aug 8 12:02:57 EDT
> > 2008 i686 pentium4 i386 GNU/Linux
> >
> > root at localhost:~# ss -u
> > State      Recv-Q Send-Q      Local Address:Port
> > Peer Address:Port
> > ESTAB      0      0               127.0.0.1:24252
> >  127.0.0.1:domain
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > oops, this is not good.
> >
> > Rebuilt IPRoute2-2.6.23 a couple times but the problem
> > persists. NO compile errors.
> >
> > I have more UDP listeners it should list. It is barfing
> > after the first one it finds. Aside from noting the
> > segfault, nothing else is written in my logs.
> >
> > This looks like a IProute bug to me. Ideas please?
> >
> > Marty B.
> >

> strace ss -u ?

didn't install strace on this one:)

>http://devresources.linux-foundation.org/dev/iproute2/download/iproute2-2.6.
26.tar.bz2

That fixed it fine. Thanks.

Robert Note: the Makefile in this version has DESTDIR set to
/usr. That must be cleared or overridden to install in /sbin
using the instructions in the SVN-20080603 book.

Marty B.

--
The only benefit from using other peoples software
is that you gain someone else to blame.