Shadow 4.1 series

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 17:18:28 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Robert Connolly
<robert at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Friday August 1 2008 01:32:03 pm Kevin Day wrote:
>> The shadow 4.1.* series at long last added decent encryption
>> techniques, namely AES.
>> However, I did not see mention of the Blowfish algorithm making it's way
>> in.
>>
>> Are the shadow blowfish (owl) patches going to be converted or have
>> they already been prepared for the 4.1 series.
>>
>> If neither, then perhaps at some point I will look into doing the patch
>> myself.
>>
>> --
>> Kevin Day
>
> I think you mean SHA512. I don't see AES support in Shadow-utils.
>
> robert

Your are correct, I cannot seem to find aes either.
Perhaps I dreamed it up while I was sleeping.

Anyway, I am going to make a request for Blowfish inclusion.

There was some request before, but it was not accepted (nor shot down)
due to them not knowing whether people would want it.  So I shall
attempt to explain that there are people who do want blowfish in
shadow.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-shadow-devel/2008-May/006622.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-shadow-devel/2008-May/006621.html

As an FYI, I am starting to reach a saturation point in mailing lists
and am starting to forget which mailing list I am talking on. So,
heres a heads up apology for any upcoming send to the wrong mailing
list that is probably going to happen.

--
Kevin Day