PIE Randomizations 2.6.25 kernel

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 3 19:02:31 PDT 2008

I heard about this in a uclibc, or something, irc channel about a year ago.
gcc/binutils -pie is only really usefull with randomization in the kernel (or
prelink), and the mainstream kernel intended to support it. However, PaX's
implementation, in the irc channel, was said to still be better. I'm not
positive, but I suspect the PaX kernel patch will disable the mainline
support. It's still good news though.. it will encourage more development in
this area.

robert