journal

goodoldmarty at gmail.com goodoldmarty at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 11:03:21 PDT 2007

As an addendum to my last post-I found some disturbing answers .

I used my latest system to clone itself to a new disk and when it booted
the partitions mount as ext3 properly. I am also able to mount ext3
partitions from the parent system without complaint. This is good, but...

This indicates we have some ext3 incompatibility in our filesystem
structures, leaving serious doubts about EXT3's integrity. In
particular, there seems to be a obvious problem with the timestamps.

I don't believe this is exclusive to my system, but that is possible.
Otherwise, these issues are really a bit much for me to debug.

Marty B.
--

|\  /|  Visit http://www.goodoldmarty.com today!
******   and disguised as work." Thomas Edison