stable status

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 18 18:07:12 PDT 2007

I'm doubting the popularity of a linux-2.4/linuxthreads book. Even though it
would be more stable, I don't think anyone would actually use it in real
life. So as an alternative/compromise, how about ditching the 2.4-branch and
make pre-release branches (like 0.1)? Each pre-release would showcase
something new, which is stabilized while adding the next something-new in the
unstable branch.

For example, copy unstable/ to pre-stable branch/, remove what doesn't work
100%, and keep the rest. This would mean the pre-stable book should always
work, while unstable may be broken and untested.