-prefer-non-pic

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 15 20:57:30 PDT 2007

This is Libtool. Re-running 'libtool', with correct options, should be able to
fix this. I have very little experience with Libtool, so I'm not sure how
this is fixed. It might be something in configure.ac.

This is probably for static libraries, in which case gcc will give them -fpie
even though it's not on the command line. It's better to use Libtool so -fpic
or -fPIC is used... to pass more control to the package developers, but on
x86 it doesn't seem to matter.

robert