"HLFS Trac #1645: gcc/binutils test suite"

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 26 18:33:29 PST 2007

They can pass. Glibc's test suite passes 100% because it respects CFLAGS.
Binutils and GCC have changed stuff around in the last couple years and now
the tests don't respect resetting CFLAGS. I can see it in the test suite
logs... the output from 'make' says it's using the cflags I set, and the test
logs have no such cflags. I think it's a bug, but almost no one tries to
build the test suite with different cflags, so no one notices it.

I'll do the 0.3 tag regardless, because I'm pretty sure the bug is with the
test suite and not with the installed components. But you shouldn't be
expected to trust me, the test suite should work. The trac is just so I can
stop thinking about it for the moment, it's a todo item.

robert