Bash bug

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 20 21:19:41 PST 2007

I reproduced it (sorry for taking so long):
mkdir proto &&
cd proto &&
wget -B http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/proto/ \
      -i ../proto-7.1.wget
# build loop
bash -e #exit on all errors
for package in $(cat ../proto-7.1.wget)
do
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/bash_test/proto/xproxymanagementprotocol-1.0.2'
ashes at ThirdFloor:/usr/src/bash_test/proto$ cd ..
ashes at ThirdFloor:/usr/src/bash_test$ enf
bash: enf: command not found
ashes at ThirdFloor:/usr/src/bash_test/proto$

and I see it's not a bug. The bug is in the script, not the shell. We are
in 'proto/' before 'bash -e' was run. When 'enf' causes the 'bash -e' shell
to exit we go back to the 'proto/' directory. BLFS adds an 'exit' command to
this script.