hlfs for 64bit

Jaap Struyk japie at deserver.nl
Sun Nov 11 22:19:44 PST 2007

Hello,

Past weeks I've been building a pure 64bit hardened cross lfs version
with the lfs 64bit live cd as base, I merged books from hlfs (wip on
~robert) and clfs into:
http://www.japie.deserver.nl/ftp/HLFS/HCLFS-20071027-x86_64-Pure64/
(yust rough work, no tests and links on pages are useless, follow main
index.html for build)
Build goes more or less fine up to the kernel itself, that bails out with:
root:/usr/src/linux-2.6.23.1# make
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
:0: sorry, unimplemented: code model kernel not supported in PIC mode
:0: error: code model 'kernel' not supported in the 64 bit mode
make[1]: *** [missing-syscalls] Error 1
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

I can't find anything usefull about this error wich helps me but if I
understand correctly it has something to do with 64bit having different
lengths of pic objects maybe someone over here knows how to deal with it?

This build is yust a test to see if it was possible and so far yes, most
testsuites also ran fine apart from some strange things (binutils final
strip didn't work acording to the tests)
Base of the book is clfs since toolchain builds from hlfs are bailing
out with cross-compiling errors.
I was looking for a way to build a hardened wahtever lfs since hlfs is
currently only for x86 and to see or hardened specs could easely be
intergrated into another platform, maybe someone over here can help out?
--
Groetjes Japie