sysklogd

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 28 21:14:59 PDT 2007

Robert Connolly wrote:
> On Thursday May 24 2007 10:19:31 pm George Boudreau wrote:
>> Now I remember why I gave up assembler for 'C'. But I have a stripped
>> down version of your dd that compiles with
>>    gcc -c dd.s
>>    ld -o dd dd.o
>>    strip dd give 884 bytes.
>
> Cool, thanks. Btw, does nasm generally make smaller programs? The nasm
> version, with the extra options, is only about 7 bytes larger.
  When I built dd.asm with the following
	nasm -o dd.o -f aout dd.asm -l dd.lst

	ld -o dd dd.o

	strip dd
the final size was 976 so I see a 92 byte difference. How did you build
yours?

   The attachment is a commented version with a different build method.
	m4 dd.m4 > tmp.s

	gcc -c tmp.s

	ld -o dd tmp.o

	strip dd