sysklogd

Jan Dvořák mordae at thirdcms.org
Wed May 23 15:29:01 PDT 2007

Robert Connolly wrote:
> Do any of you know assembly well enough to convert this:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/dd.asm
> to something gcc can compile? And remove all the options, making bs=1 the
> default, and 'dd from-file to-file' the only thing it does.
Oh man. Do we *really* need asm? I don't think so. If you consider libc
unsecure, just forget about secure system. Make it simplest read/write C
with hardcoded paths. That's tough enough for anyone to crack.

Or even better, just leave sysklogd running under root and chroot it
only. What do we have GRSecurity chroot limits for then ensuring root
won't escape from jail?