sysklogd

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:56:28 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Robert Connolly <robert at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> I ran 'strace -f' on klogd and found another problem, which is discussed here:
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/axp-list/1998-October/msg01043.html
>
> Notice the date on that link.. this was never fixed upstream.
>
> klogd tries to use an unimplemented syscall 1024 (resource-limit-max) times.
> Unimplemented syscalls don't return a newline character, and klogd doesn't
> expect that, and it keeps trying.
>
> robert

You could also look into metalog: http://metalog.sourceforge.net/
I've used that for some time now, it is quite a nice replacement for
the sysklogd package.

And I was about to say that it is also not-updated as sysklogd, but
after getting that link, it looks like they just released a new
version.

--
Kevin Day