Issues building Glbc+Linux-2.6

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Sun Jun 24 06:53:09 PDT 2007

El Jueves, 21 de Junio de 2007 20:19, M.Canales.es escribió:

After revising jhalfs build scripts I can't find differences with the book
commands and I still have the same Glibc testsuite failure and the build bomb
always on the same point.

> Now, in Glibc testsuite I have this failed test:
>
> *** [/sources/glibc-build/elf/check-localplt.out] Error 1
>
> And later the build bomb on butterfly-tolchain stage when configuring
> ini686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3 with:
>
> checking for C locale to use... gnu
> checking for msgfmt... yes
> checking libintl.h usability... yes
> checking libintl.h presence... yes
> checking for libintl.h... yes
> checking for library containing gettext... configure: error: Link tests are
> not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> make[2]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1

Revising the butterfly-tolchain logs this configure outputs take my attention:

Configuring in ./{bfd,opcodes,binutils,gas,ld,gprof}
.
.
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no

Configuring in i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3
.
.
checking if /sources/butterfly-build/./gcc/xgcc static flag -static works...
no

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia