Toolchain build failures.

Jason Stevens jastev at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Jan 26 11:42:28 PST 2007

Charity wrote:

> I've tried SVN-20060510 I believe and didn't have any better luck with
> that one. I was hoping the latest version would be closer to being able
> to be compiled.

In my experience this version compiles and runs cleanly; I've built it
both with host systems running the LiveCD (officially supported) and
with RedHat/Fedora (officially unsupported) on 10+ different hardware
configs.  Haven't had a problem with it yet.

That was the last version (that I know of) before the toolchain changes
referenced in the subject of this email entered the book.  I haven't
seen a report of the development version of the book generally compiling
and running cleanly since then.

-jps