holiday book changes

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 29 12:18:36 PST 2007

The uClibc book is in much better shape now. There are a few new patches for
bug fixes (Gettext). All the test suites are terrible, but that's not new.

I want to update the rest of the packages... there's a new shadow-utils
release.

I've always neglected everything outside of the toolchain, so I want to add
Libcap. There are recently maintained Libcap packages for linux-2.6. Libcap
can be used with ping and ping6 to drop the suid bit. It can probably also be
used with the /bin/dd used by sysklogd to drop privileges. The shadow-utils
howto describes setting up a shadow group so /bin/passwd does not have to be
suid root, if I remember correctly.

Any other ideas?