HLFS 64bit again

Rogelio Serrano rogelio.serrano at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:10:56 PST 2007

> If you seek documentation, try AMD's web site first. The burden of proof is on
> them, not me. AMD makes no claim to have 64 bit cores; all of the manufacturers
> avoid the phrase '64 bit processor' to refer to their chips. They put big spin
> on techno-speak and tradenames like AMD64 which generically refer to achieving
> 64 bit functions using multiple core chips. They just can't do it with a single
> core yet, but they would love to sell such a chip if they could.
> Now with 16 AMD 2901's...
>
> Marty B.

athlon64 is single core
opteron is single core
turion is single core

these were already 64 bit long before the x2's were released.

what are you talking about?

im going to work on a cross compiler hlfs soon. it will include
x86_64. with a heavily patched glibc. im working on x86_64 grsecurity
and pax.

--
Lay low and nourish in obscurity