HLFS-uClibc without locales support

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 21 17:55:53 PST 2007

The problems with uClibc and libssp were never resolved. The ideal solution is
to add libssp to uClibc... but this is also the most time consuming solution.
Using gcc's libssp uses more storage and performance. At the moment, I prefer
netbsd's patches, where gcc's libssp was simply added to libc (no nptl),
because they're simpler to do with 90% of the benefits.

I haven't looked at this in a while, I was distracted by the bug where
statically compiled programs will segfault when libc.a is compiled with
higher than -O0, but no one else reports it or confirms it. I want to try to
reproduce it with clfs-uclibc. To test libssp, I need to fix this bug first.

Fixing the uClibc book is my #1 todo item for the holidays.

robert