0.3 textrel

Jaap Struyk japie at deserver.nl
Fri Dec 21 09:01:26 PST 2007

goodoldmarty at gmail.com schreef:

> You are getting worked up over nothing. Those are not problems.

In my history of hlfs I never had found text relocations in any lib
except for packages with assembler in the source.
As far as I know if a lib contains textrel it means it has non-pic code
inside and since producing position independent code is the base of a
hardened system it seems very disturbing to me.

> libproc is a ui lib, but is not TEXTREL in my builds.

/lib/libproc-3.2.7.so:  0x00000016 (TEXTREL)
Sorry Martin, I even downloaded the build again to verify...
--
Groetjes Japie