HLFS-uClibc without locales support

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Tue Dec 18 10:58:19 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to compile HLFS with uClibc and without locales support.
But I cannot get the cocoon toolchain to compile.

I've previously tried compiling with locales support, after working
around the #include_next problem with stdio.h and its siblings.
However, gettext refuses to compile later in chapter 5.

Has anyone gotten HLFS-uClibc to compile based on the current SVN
version of the book? Ultimately, what I'm after is a VMware appliance
with a minimal system: a minimalist Linux kernel, uClibc, busybox,
grub or another boot loader, probably dash, probably dropbear, the
VMware guest modules (if possible), and a few other odds and ends.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice
Address: Noatun 17, IS-105, Reykjavik, Iceland
Phone:   +354 412 1500
Email:   cbuxton at menandmice.com
www.menandmice.com

Men & Mice
We bring control and flexibility to network management

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential and
privileged information only intended for the person or entity to which
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
distribution or copy of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by
reply e-mail and immediately delete this message and all its attachment.