HLFS 64bit again

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 8 14:42:59 PST 2007

From 'gcc -dumpspecs' you should get:
*cc1_options:
%{static|D__KERNEL__:-fno-PIC -fno-PIE}

If you have that, then the kernel build must be different for 64bit and is
probably not doing -D__KERNEL__ where you're getting the error. I'm not
totally sure what you can do about it. I'm not sure if the kernel developers
could care about this issue. Resetting CC is perfectly fine. Stuff like the
menuconfig applet is not built with -D__KERNEL__, but so far it hasn't been a
problem building it with -fPIE.

robert