HLFS 64bit again

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 7 18:07:17 PST 2007

The kernel isn't pic. I'm not sure why, but for some reason the gcc specs are
not working in your case. There's nothing wrong with
using '-fno-pic -fno-pie' to build the kernel, infact we have to. The gcc
specs are supposed to do it automatically when _KERNEL is defined. Maybe
_KERNEL isn't defined, or is renamed, with 64bit.

robert