HLFS 64bit again

Jaap Struyk japie at deserver.nl
Mon Dec 3 10:58:35 PST 2007

Hello,

Last weeks I have been strugling to get an 64bit version of HLFS up and
running, I tryed different ways following the clfs book with hlfs
patches or using the hlfs book with clfs-64bit patches and also tryed
hlfs-glibc-2.5 and glibc-2.6 version and versions as in clfs (gcc-4.2.2
and glibc-2.7)
All of them where running (with small or big problems) but one crusial
problem remains on all versions; I can't compile the kernel:
:0: sorry, unimplemented: code model kernel not supported in PIC mode
:0: error: code model 'kernel' not supported in the 64 bit mode
This last time I even compiled a "plain" gcc without hlfs patches and
still I get that error, I'am lost now, does anybody nows the path?
--
Groetjes Japie