stray references

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 26 13:48:44 PDT 2007

I've seen this before but I ignored it at the time.

From what I can see with:
find /usr/ |xargs grep -n -e "/butterfly-build"
the /usr/lib/*.la GCC files reference the build directory with -L's, but not
with -I's. Maybe some ./configure scripts are using the .la files to find
extra include directories, but this happens with non-combined builds too, so
this issue should be happening in LFS too.

quantum (linuxfromscratch.org) is running LFS-SVN-20060527, and
has "dependency_libs=' -L/sources/binutils-build/libiberty/pic -liberty'"
in her .la files. I'm running LFS-SVN-20070514, with modifications which I can
no longer recall but I did use a combined build (butterfly) tree, and
my "dependency_libs=" lines are empty. So I have no idea what's going on
here.

Other than that, I'm not sure what could be the cause of the -I's. If they are
hard coded in gcc/g++'s program then the grep should have matched it, and it
doesn't.

robert