Bootscript poweroff options

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Thu Aug 23 06:49:18 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 15:25 -0500, Kevin Day wrote:
> On 8/21/07, Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie> wrote:

> At some point in the process of changing kernel/binutils/gcc/uClibc,
> the poweroff just stopped "powering off" for me.  It would shutdown
> the harddrive and say your os is off, meanwhile my entire machine and
> moniter is running, but is unresponsive because the kernel is
> unloaded. (maybe an initng version ended up breaking this??)
> This happens on every hardware I try and it pisses me off as I cannot
> find the fix.  I've swapped versions of binutils, gcc, uclibc, initng,
> etc..

You're not installing the 'halt' program, and I don't think shutdown
cute the mustard. The halt program is in the sysinit package (!) and
poweroff should be a link to it. then halt -p or poweroff perform the
same function, i.e. call halt with the -p option. When called as
poweroff, it defaults to halt -p.

What the hell are you playing at with this stuff?

halt -p
"Usage: shutdown -h" WRONG!
poweroff
"Why?" [and it sits there]
Because I said so you stoopid thing!!

	"...Because I said so you stoopid thing!!..."

:-((. 0/10 here, Kevin
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>