Bootscript poweroff options

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Aug 21 10:51:31 PDT 2007

	I have one of those dodgy Via boards here which refuses to respond to
halt, poweroff, shutdown -<anything> etc. But it does respond to
whatever the bootscripts do when you get a drive error.

If I fill /etc/fstab with random nonsense, it will fail to mount, and
power off until I fix it. HOW? That's the question. I did look at the
scripts, but .... cannot answer that for myself.

Hlfs-20051220, btw very old but quite stable and prehistoric enough to
dodge all the ugly versions of binutils and gcc around at the moment.
Life was simpler then.

Any tips welcome - even what script or function is called, and I'll
examine onboard.
--
        With Best Regards

        Declan Moriarty