udev-114 progress with uClibc

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:43:56 PDT 2007

Okay, so I finally found out how to make udev's > 094 boot under a
uClibc system.

During the boot process prior to loading/starting udev, I have the
following command happening:
echo /sbin/udevtrigger > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
This works in udev094, for whatever reason it now causes udev to lock
up and not produce proper devices.  The end result is system does not
boot and sits there.

The solution was to change this to:
echo '' > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

and suddenly the system boots.
I worry that this will cause modules to not be auto-loaded when plugged in.
However, this is a step forward into solving the problem.

Its quite hard to tell if it will or won't work considering how much
udev changes and how much udev has no documentation whatsoever by the
udev team.

--
Kevin Day