HLFS SVN 20070708 Chapter 6.10.1 Glibc Build

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 10 21:24:57 PDT 2007

I made a lot of changes today, mainly new package versions but some others.
I'm at Inetutils now, with glibc and linux-2.6. Some patches might be
missing... they get updated in the next few hours. You should have no problem
getting passed the toolchain in chapter 6.

Glibc was bumped to 2.5.1, but if you have 2.5 in /tools already it should be
okay. 2.5.1 is pretty much an official release of the branch update patch.
There was a symlink added for /bin/echo for a glibc test, try to do that. The
kernel was downgraded to linux-2.6.19.2 to match grsecurity's version, but as
long as you didn't use --enable-kernel=2.6.22 with Glibc then that should be
okay too.

robert