HLFS SVN 20070708 Chapter 6.10.1 Glibc Build

Wonkey Donkey wonkey_donkey at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 20:54:08 PDT 2007

Robert Connolly wrote:
> I got to Zlib in chapter 6, in the glibc26 book, without any problems. I don't
> think I changed anything that would change your error. Can you give more
> details?
>
> robert
>
> On Friday August 3 2007 01:36:13 pm Wonkey Donkey wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I seem to be hitting a problem on the Glibc build as mentioned above.
>>
>> I am as far down as the first make command, but this fails with the
>> following :
>>
>> dl-support.c: In function '_dl_non_dynamic_init':
>> dl-support.c:256: error: stray '`' in program
>>
>> I have tried to remove the entire glibc directory and restarted the
>> glibc build a few times and it fails at exactly the same point each time.
>>
>> Does anybody have any ideas...
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Steve.

Well i have both systems (2) up to the point where I have completed the
temporary build and done the chroot, created the directories and mounted
the necessary stuff.

I will give it another go in the morning and see where I get from there.

I'll say one thing. Theres no lack of effort to try and get this working
and make good use of this project. Heres hoping :)

Steve.