HLFS SVN 20070708 Chapter 6.10.1 Glibc Build

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri Aug 10 07:26:47 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 00:13 -0500, William Harrington wrote:

> > I have tried to remove the entire glibc directory and restarted the
> > glibc build a few times and it fails at exactly the same point each
> > time.
> >
> > Does anybody have any ideas...

> I cannot reproduce this. Your input needs to be triple checked. I
> copy and pasted from the book verbatim.

In a dim and distant past I hit this sort of thing, and decided long
after it mattered that it was probably a $TERM thing because returns and
wordwraps can be invisible, and some terminal stuff just didn't
transpose - a character or three got lost. I completely failed to write
a gcc specs file in this manner, and had to get one emailed to me. If
you download and burn a live cd, you can build from that with a console
copy'n'paste.
--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.