HLFS SVN 20070708 Chapter 6.10.1 Glibc Build

Wonkey Donkey wonkey_donkey at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 02:31:41 PDT 2007

William Harrington wrote:
> On Aug 3, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Wonkey Donkey wrote:
>

>> dl-support.c: In function '_dl_non_dynamic_init':
>> dl-support.c:256: error: stray '`' in program
>>
>> I have tried to remove the entire glibc directory and restarted the
>> glibc build a few times and it fails at exactly the same point each
>> time.
>>
>> Does anybody have any ideas...
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Steve.
>>

> Steve,
>
>     Talked to you earlier,
>

> I cannot reproduce this. Your input needs to be triple checked. I
> copy and pasted from the book verbatim.
>
> I built the build up to the point where you are.
>
> Hey, got some test results, too!
>
> 1872:make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/posix/tst-nice.out] Error 1
> 1992:make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
> 4067:make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/elf/check-localplt.out] Error 1
>
> I know you are typing out the commands and looking from another
> computer.
> Triple check, and then triple check again, and have someone else
> quadruple check for you.
>
> Plus, you were doing this at 1AM.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William

Ok, thanks for the info and checking guys.

The fact this has reproduced itself a number of times suggests I am
typing in something incorrectly. At least the error is consistent.

I'm assuming at this point that it is something I have typed incorrectly
during the Chapter 6 glibc setup, as everything up to this point has
worked as described.

I shall return to the beginning of the glibc build in this section and
try again. Failing that, I will try lifting the input off the web page
into some text files, to copy over to the build system and see how that
goes.

Am I right in saying I can simply remove the glibc source and build
directories and start again from the beginning of this stage? I'll do
this unless anyone mentions otherwise.

Will keep the list updated with my progress and where it is I went wrong
(if i can find that out of course!).

Thanks again guys.

Steve.